Sunday 15 April 2012

I Know Art, I Know What I Like.... Posters



This M. C. Escher inspired limited edition poster for Joss Wheedon's new film 'The Cabin in the Woods' Is such a beautiful image. It's clever and funny and brimming over with nerdyness. All the things I loved about the film when I saw it last night.

This last week I've been trying to think of things to fill the few walls I have that are not covered in DVDs. So far I've got a framed set of firefly posters near my computer and a blown up page from the walking dead comic book on my wardrobe door. I'm finding it hard to decide what to put over my bed though.

I have such roving and varied geek-obsessions It's hard to pin down one thing that I like soooo much that I want to put it so prominently over the place where I sleep. I have a shelf full of robot arms with a space above it in the corner, A Robo-themed image would go there nicely (I'm thinking something 1950s "Robots From Space!!!" -ish), but that space above my slumbering head, I can't decide what I'd like there.




I have the same problem with my desktop wallpaper, I see dozens of cool geeky images a day online, any number of which would make excellent wallpapers or posters for my wall. But I keep the same simple abstract wallpaper I chose when I first installed windows and my bedroom walls remain bare.

I suppose the the difference between 'Art' and a cool image is; Art you can stand to look at every day, whereas you want a NEW cool image every day, finding a cool image that works in the same way as art is tricky. I'm sure I'll know it when I see it. Also it shows your tastes off to people, which as I said for me are varied, so picking just a few is hard work. Maybe I just need more walls.


Related Thing







No comments:

Post a Comment