Monday 2 April 2012

I'm Crafty!




I'll start off this post by saying a big happy birthday to my friendgirl Laura! ( aka teasingtoplease ) seen here opening the card I hand-crafted in celebration of her suceeding in not dying for a 25th year. It's great to find a reason to do paper engineering again. Having a friend who gets your nerdiness and appreciates the passions that drive your geek pursuits is the best!



OMG!!!! A SHARK!!!!


It's been a few days since I've posted, so I'll sum up the last few days.

Friday was the 'going out night' for Laura's birthday, we went to cardiff, danced like loons for hours in a mix of smoke, sweat and pounding dance music at Pulse one of the capitols finest homosexual discothèques :-) I drank a lot of cider and yet woke up hangover-less, felt a bit cheated :-(

Saturday when we all felt up to it we caught a showing of 21 jump street. I've got to say I was very impressed, nice mix of action and comedy and very self aware too. Highly recommended for a switch off brain type trip to the cinema. That IS a compliment by the way.

Sunday I just chilled and re-watched Firefly and Serenity. BTW f**k you FOX for cancelling such an amazing thing!
Joss Whedon is such a great writer, director, producer (all round auteur really). Hope that the few projects he has in the works live up to the epicness of his body of work. The Avengers which he's written and is also directing, and Cabin in the Woods which he's just producing (hope he's really involved and not just putting his name on it) both look like they have promise. We'll soon see.

And today we had a bite in SALT Cardiff Bay and then just hung out and talked about the various pop culture we mutually cherish (including an idea for season 2 of American Horror Story). All in all a fun-filled few days. and I think we have a few more to go. We're gonna try and make Laura's birthday week-off as awesome as possible!


Related Things



21 Jump Street Trailer



Firefly - This Land

No comments:

Post a Comment